Thursday, March 19, 2015

Nearing the End


  Hello all! Our trip has come to an end but we are all so full of joy as we reflect upon this past week. Today was a very restful day spent finishing construction jobs, walking around town, and squeezing in the most time we possibly can with the team members we will not get to see after the trip.
  Courtney, Molly, Hannah, Christina, Caitlin and I helped Gail and Virgil (Inches) wrap up child sponsorship by entering many new kids into the program and some of our team members even found a kid of their own to sponsor. The clinic saw more patients today and Trevor built a cane for a girl with scoliosis. The computer lab is off to a good start, with new laptops and white boards. After lunch we had some free time to visit the market, the bakery, a soccer game, and to just fellowship with each on our last day in Haiti.
  I (Abigail) loved this trip especially because I got to know the youth even more deeply. Each year, I learn so much from the people I encounter and it has what I look forward to the most. The Haitians teach me the true meaning of joy in everything, from dancing as they put their money into the offering plate at church to greeting us as we pass on the street. I have come to depend on the Haiti team so much throughout our time in Fort Liberte and I grow to love each person very much by the end of the week. I would like to thank you all again for supporting our trips back to Haiti monetarily, and even more so, emotionally. We would not have enjoyed a blessed week working with such a wonderful group of people without your support, time, and care.
    Please continue to pray for us as we make a difficult transition from an impoverished country to our fortunate lifestyles in America. Thank you again for your prayers and for investing so much of yourselves into our trip!


  Bon Nuit!
   Abigail 

No comments:

Post a Comment